Favorite Sites and Resources is a list of my favorite Miles and Points blogs and websites. There is so much on the web about this topic. My recommendation is to choose a few from the top of the list (they’re roughly prioritized top to bottom) and subscribe to their email lists. By following along day after day, even casually, you will learn quickly.
Don’t miss our own Miles and Points Beginner’s Guide for an introduction to the hobby.
Top Miles and Points Sites
The Points Guy is one of the more comprehensive sites with multiple authors and a lot of content.
The Frequent Miler specializes somewhat in deals to maximize miles and points earning, so called manufactured spending.
Million Mile Secrets often has step by step instructions on how to do things with screenshots and photos. If you’re stuck or not understanding another site’s explanation, you might try here.
MileValue is good for maximizing redemptions, often highlighting sweet spots in various award charts.
Frugal Travel Guy is another site I subscribe to.
Top Miles and Points Resources
Award Wallet is a site that allows you to track all of your points programs in one place. The paid version helps keep tabs on expiration dates too. This is an indispensable resource for miles and points enthusiasts.
Travel Is Free simply has some of the best tools out there (the kind you’re constantly grateful exist):
- Complete Hotel Maps is amazing because it puts all the hotel reward program maps in one place.
- Complete Airline Award Charts on a single page.
- Stopover Routing Rules for award redemptions, by airline
FlyerTalk is the premier miles and points message board with the latest on rules, deals, and experiences from around the community.
Beginner’s Guides to Miles and Points
- Our very own Cause Work Can Wait Miles and Points Beginner’s Guide
- One Mile at a Time is perhaps best organized, succinct, but complete
- Travel Is Free with infographics!
- Million Mile Secrets
- Frequent Miler Getting Started Guide takes you beyond the basics